Boots Of The Seafood Buyer
Join us on Saturday, June 9th for the Commercial Seafood Buyers Panel, sponsored by the Bristol Bay Regional Seafood Development Association.
One of our 2018 panel members is our very own Patrick Hoogerhyde, Partner, Bridge Seafood Restaurant and Catering.
Patrick was raised in King Salmon, Alaska on subsistence salmon and wild game. He came to understand the importance of properly cooking and preparing food. The freshness and quality of that time in his life is etched into his passion for cooking. Upon graduating from Western Culinary Institute in Portland, Oregon and honing his skills for five various venues including the Multnomah Athletic Club, Patrick returned to define his future with food.
As a Sous Chef for The Marx Bros. Café Chef Hoogerhyde focused on the style and quality of food that brought him to return to Alaska. Continuing on to the Crow’s Nest” as Chef de Cuisine he kindled his passion for culinary exploration and excelled in hand crafted quality, ultimately obtaining the AAA Four Diamond award.
In the continuous pursuit of his professional goals he become the Executive Chef at the Anchorage Marriott Downtown, where he headed the opening culinary team. Within two years he received Marriott’s International “Award of Excellence” as well as the local American Culinary Federation chapter’s “Chef of the Year” award by setting and training to the highest standards.
Next he joined “ORSO” and then later Glacier BrewHouse as Executive Chef, both independently themed restaurants in the Brews Brothers LLC portfolio. There Patrick embraced the philosophies and values of hospitality that he adopted as his own. He currently over sees operations at Bridge Catering/ Seafood as manager/partner where they strive to combine the spirit of hospitality with regional flavors to compliment Alaska Cuisine. His culinary philosophy is “you’re only as good as the last meal and experience you prepared for your guests.”
Patrick Hoogerhyde awards and community participation include:
- 1993-Current: Alaska Culinary Association Chapter of American Culinary Federation. Holding numerous board positions currently Chair of the Board
- 1995: “Chef’s de Cuisine Society of Oregon” American Culinary Federation sanctioned Grand Culinary Salon silver medalist Hot food shown cold category
- 2002: “Chef of the Year” American Culinary Federation/ Alaska Culinary Association chapter
- 2002: “Award of Excellence” Marriott Culinary
- 2006: “Ultimate Chef” FSA Alaska competition 1st place
- 2007: & 2009 ProStart, Mentor Chef
- 2009: Great American Seafood Cook Off competition 3rd place
- 2009 & 2010: Alaska Fair Seafood Throw Down Champion